Tuesday, December 22, 2009




Just caught this on ASBO Jesus and thought it was good. Strangely enough my wife and I were talking about how we show and share faith last night. She had come from a social engagement and had had a conversation with another Christian and they had shared that it is a huge struggle to share faith with their colleagues let alone tell them that they are a Christian.

We then talked about how often we leave it a while to show them that we are normal and not one of those crazies!! But after we've left it a while and maybe shared a few to many unholy jokes or said/done something that would tarnish our halo slightly we then often opt for just not saying anything and instead decided to be 'the good person'.

I am not saying that I am the bright shining star on how to share faith and live a holy life - those that know will testify to this, but still, surely we are charged with sharing something about our faith, even if it is that we go to church?

I undestand that it can be really hard to take the jibs and the ribbing that many may well give, but are we not told to pick up our cross? Are we not asked to stand in the face of hardships? I now it may sound as if I am on my little hobby-horse, I am not, honestly, this is a challenge to myself first and foremost. How do I show my faith?

Faith - how do you wear yours?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: